Engineering and Testing Solutions, LLC (ETS) was formed in 1999. The firm’s partners are Michael Whaley, P.E. and Chad Smock, P.E. Both are licensed professional engineers with years of experience providing geotechnical and construction testing services. Our company is staffed with experienced drillers and engineering technicians that are certified by both the American Concrete Institute (ACI) and the National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET).
Our offices are located in Sevierville and Knoxville, Tennessee with laboratories equipped for performing soil and material testing as well as concrete testing and storage/maintenance area for our geotechnical drilling equipment.
We believe the qualifications and experience of our firm as well as our established quality assurance procedures have proven to have been of significant value in the successful completion of many projects in the greater Knoxville area and the surrounding region of east Tennessee.
• Soil borings for subsurface explorations
• Standard Penetration testing
• Rock Coring
• Undisturbed and bulk sampling
• Slope Inclinometer installation
Construction Testing Services
• Registered engineers
• NICET/ACI certified technicians
• Soil, asphalt, concrete and steel testing and inspection services
• Testing equipment calibrated to ASTM
• Subsurface exploration report preparation
• Foundation observations and proof-rolling
• Sinkhole investigation and remediation
• Retaining wall design
• Concrete strength testing
• Soil testing